Forum Topic

The mayors message to london just out

Dear Londoner, As a country, we have seen an alarming spike in hate towards our Jewish and Muslim communities in the last few months.  In times of darkness, it is easy to feel helpless. If you feel this way, you aren’t alone. Here’s my message to you:  I am proud to be Mayor of a city that celebrates diversity and values the rich contributions that people from all backgrounds make. Diversity is our greatest strength—never forget that. I won't be distracted. We’ve achieved a lot, but I will never stop pushing to build a better London for everyone.   This includes delivering free school meals for our children because no child should go hungry. Introducing a fares freeze on TfL journeys to make travel more affordable during the cost-of-living crisis. Building record numbers of homes to ensure Londoners have somewhere safe and affordable to live, and creating positive opportunities for hundreds of thousands of young people.  As your Mayor, I will never stop fighting for you.   As a collective, we will always outnumber those who seek to divide us.  Even in the most difficult times, where there is humanity, there is hope.  With best wishes,Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan..................................................... Yep, no mention of continuous protests costing huge amounts of money and dividing society in the process. Attacks on civilians, attacks on cultures, street theft, shop theft, hate crime, general crime, street crime,knife crime. I'm just so glad he's giving free school meals, no fare rises, and more homes. What a blooming relief. I can now sleep easy in the capital of a nighttime just knowing my children are out and about in a safe capital and my tube fares are frozen when I wake up. Complete and utter A**

Julian Pavey ● 80d9 Comments