Forum Topic

It's very hard for an organisation to build the fight to save it when it has ignored complaints about it's service for years.  I moved to W4 from Brentford in 2000 and when looking for a GP I was told b my previous practice "there are some very good GP practices in W4 but avoid Wellesley Rd.  This was difficult as they are around the corner from me but I spoke to neighbours and they were all patients there with very differing needs and said do not join this practice.  I didn't most of them have remained with WR.  I have over the last 24 years heard the most horrendous stories from my neighbours about their treatment or lack of it and I have been in meetings for the CCG as a voluntary sector leader where the management of the practice were chaotic even though their main practice leader was the main medical leader of the CCG. Considering a joining of practices I would say do it but be aware of which practice will have control of the day to day running and admin matters.  Also make sure you have direct patient input into the training of medical staff in new methods of treatment.  Do not vote for it to go to the company bidding or it will get very much worse as their history is to dump "difficult" patients or as I would say the patients who need the most care.  Do your research on all being proposed and if you really worry about it all change preactice.  It is your health and your families loyalty is a wonderful quality but not if it makes you ill. Good luck to all the staff and patients involved it's a worrying time for health in the UK and we need to come forward and fight for our needs

Caroline Carney ● 81d