Forum Topic

Well, Stephen I also took part in the fight against AIDS (https://www.youtube.com/@aids_archive) and marched, wrote etc against Section 28.  I even persuaded Mr. Nirj Deva MP of Chiswick to abstain instead of voting against and equal age of consent for gay men.  I disagree with you and most strongly against the so called LGB Alliance.  The LGB Alliance has about as much to do with LGB people as the Tax Payers Alliance has to do with tax payers - ie none.Your argument "denying biological facts" is exactly the same as the arguments used against removing Section 28 and in denying gay men an equal age of consent as well as may other hard fought freedoms / rights.What we have in the transexual argument is polarisation, divide and rule, an example of Liz Truss' 'disrupter in chief' ideology.  All for upsetting things but no clear inclusive plan to create something new or sustainable. Where people are put at potential risk then there must be protections.  When you break the law you lose certain rights and privileges such as where you are housed, if we are talking about prison.  Other than that I don't care how people identify themselves, it's not my concern. There are, according to the BBC report, 7,500 children who are being failed by the ideological positions on both sides - they are not getting any service at all to help guide them & their families through a very difficult period,  just as it was until recently for gay men and lesbians. Instead they are being sacrificed on the altar of those who stir up fear and dissent just for the fun of watching it happen.When all this is over, when we have all settled down to live together, what kind of world will we have created?

Martin Weaver ● 422d