Forum Topic

I will tell  you what I can recognise. People who have no idea how to get things done who missed the boat at the beginning of this exercise some years ago when Johnson was Mayor of London and his minions came up with yet another vanity project.  The whole thing was a disaster from the start.  They told boroughs to come up with individual plans instead of a London wide plan complementing all the boroughs.  What I know is there are some people who would prefer to snipe and abuse individuals than admit they let the time for true opposition pass them by.  I don't drive and I don't ride a bike but as a disabled person I can and have made my criticisms of the whole scheme across the borough and I have been critical of the council many times.  I know full well the cost of all of this as it has impacted my carers exponentially they have been unable to park anywhere near some clients and are late for calls all the time stuck in traffic.  Their clients need medication given at strict times and are left wet waiting to be bathed and fed. They have been hit by bikes getting off buses in the middle of the road.  Some of their clients with neurological conditions or learning disabilities will no longer go out as they are terrified to cross the road even with the carer.  So I know how people are being affected by all of this.  But the answer is not to go back to how it was because it really was bloody awful.  The answer is to take the scheme as a whole and be honest about it which is hard to do when people make things personal it entrenches opinion and those involved become defensive. This is not helped by turning every thread into an anti council rant. The Ombudsman has ruled and if the council chose to ignore them then the Ombudsman will take action.  The system for consultation and complaint like many other legal systems is poor and also needs to be overhauled

Caroline Carney ● 904d