Forum Topic

Ken - you don't understand or choose not to understand.Any resident of Grove Park (I refuse to call it South Chiswick) who does not live south of the railway line can only enter the area from Sutton Court Rd, Staveley (outside restricted times) or Burlington Lane.That is at least half the residents of the area.Example1: someone travelling up the busy and congested A316 (more congested is the aim I think) has now to sit in traffic between Hartington and Burlington in order to get home. That does adds to pollution and does not nothing to further liveable neighbourhoods. Example2: someone travelling from Bentford or Richmond via Kew Bridge can no longer enter via SOTG but now has to drive up to the nightmare that is Chiswick Roundabout, join the A4 and either exit via the Porsche garage and then attempt to join Sutton Court Rd OR  continue on A4 to Hogarth and down the A316 to turn right into Burlington. More pollution more traffic. Lower quality of life.Who on earth dreamt this one up? What sane person cold possible say that this is better, no drama, not destroying the neighbourhood? The only thing I can think of is that Cllr Hearn has really upset someone in Hounslow and they are punishing him and everyone by making it ridiculously difficult to get to and from homes.Very simply all residents of Grove Park should be included in the ANPR scheme for Hartington which should be expanded to include SOTG and Burlington Lane(to stop rat running displacement)Was this supposed to help cycling? Not a cycle way in sight.

Richard Potts ● 1280d