Forum Topic

Jayne, where's your evidence that the population of Manchester isn't adhering to the guidelines ?.  Or, more precisely, where's your evidence that the population of Manchester has been adhering to the guideline any poorer than anywhere else ?.  And you can't say the figures speak for themselves, every place and every country experiences peaks and troughs at different times, so the number of cases alone cannot be taken as an indicator of compliance or non-compliance with the guidelines.  Wasn't Richmond experiencing the fastest increase in London last week ? - where was all the posts on here slagging off LBRUT and its residents ?.  What's that on the BBC website about how some people were behaving at Thorpe Park ?.  And so on and so on...My issue is that you and others are essentially saying that the Manchester population have run roughshod over the guidelines, and that's all Burnham's fault.  But unless you're a Manchester resident, which I am not and presumably nor are you, you're making a statement that has nothing to back it up.Politicians of every colour or leaning always have and always will try to point score no matter what the issue.  It's a lamentable quality, but its no different to how many of the general public, both in their personal and professional lives, love to point the finger of blame whilst presenting themselves as some kind of paragons of virtue - I hate to break it to some posters on here, but we're all human, we all make mistakes, get over yourselves.

Adam Beamish ● 1284d