Forum Topic

Virgin have been hiking their prices at least once a year for as long as I can remember - my bill is going up £7 a month in April. In fact they have now formalised this and have given themselves the power to apply an annual increase of RPI plus 3.9%. I notice that this wheeze now seems to be in the small print of several telecoms providers. In answer to the original question though my Virgin broadband has been OK today - and I'm in W4 3- -.I'll paste Virgin's revised terms as they appeared in a recent email."Currently, we usually change our prices each year, and will write to let you know how much any increase is and provide you with a right to cancel.From April 2024, we are changing our approach so any price rise to your package is always made at the same time every year, and it’ll be linked to the Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation plus an additional 3.9%, so the amount of any increase will be clearer, sooner. To do this, we need to change our terms and conditions. The key features of these new rules are: The monthly subscription price for your services will increase every April starting from April 2024.The amount the monthly price will increase will be RPI rate of inflation plus an additional 3.9%. This increase will apply to the monthly subscription price you're paying at the time and also (if applicable) to the monthly price payable after subsequent expiry of any applicable offer or discount.The RPI rate will be the amount that is announced in the preceding February of that year, so you will be able to work out the exact increase from that date.If the RPI is 0% or less, then your price will increase by 3.9%.We will publish the relevant RPI rate on our website as soon as it becomes available.As this annual price increase is provided for in your terms, there is no right to cancel given for this price increase from April 2024."Charming!

Bruce Hammal ● 428d